Friday 7 July 2017

5 Things I HATE about Hairdressers !!

Public Domain Cartoon
There are any number of reasons why I get the heeby-jeebies about going to the hairdressers.

Maybe it's me, but it seems I always go off my hairdresser eventually, although I have outlasted one or two who went on to better things in posher, more exxpensive salons.

I'm not a monster though. I can forgive the occasional mistake, but some things are DEAL BREAKERS!

1. THE ATTACK

My current hairdresser is very good, but I'm never going back there again. She does a great job and my hair always looks wonderful, but, boy, does she leave me with a sore head.

She's so rough, pulling and grimacing as though my hair is a force to be subdued, not crafted into a delightful concoction that will transform my looks until the next high wind or rainy day.

I suspect - although I may be wrong - that this is deliberate. Surely she must know that her relentless yanking must hurt like hell, especially as I am wincing and squishing my eyes together like a terrified rabbit facing a shotgun.

Why don't I say something?  I'm a wimp about some things. I guess I think she might take it out on me in some other way. The woman with the scissors wields a lot of power. Easier to go somewhere else.

2. THE CHOP

Getting my hair cut is the worst thing. I love my hair short but not right up the back of my neck, thank you very much. Once I was driven to drawing in extra little wispy hairs down the back of my neck with an eyebrow pencil. No one, but the youngest, slenderest, prettiest girl looks good with hair cropped right up to the top of her ears.

3. LEAVING MY COLOUR ON TOO LONG

This happens when the salon overbooks. There's not time to take out my colour because my hairdresser is in the middle of removing the split ends from a fellow customer with a lot more hair than I have. As a result, my brown has gone black and black hair only suits (yes, you got it!) the youngest, slenderest, prettiest girls.

4. NOT PROTECTING MY SKIN FROM COLOUR

This is sheer laziness and ineptitude and no one should ever leave her hairdresser with a product tidemark on the back of her neck. (Always be suspicious if your hairdresser fails to use a mirror to show you the back of your head.)

5. GETTING NASTY IF I CUT OR COLOUR MYSELF BETWEEN VISITS

I do try not to do this, but sometimes there's not time to get to the hairdresser and if I can't see under my fringe, I give it a little trim. Usually it looks okay. Once I made a mess because my regular root touch-up was not available and I bought a different product. It looked terrible but, after all...

IT'S MY HAIR AND I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN!

Oh well, onward I go. I do believe there's a salon I haven't tried in Bognor.














No comments:

Post a Comment